Pages

Wednesday 7 August 2019

My $200 Dollar Note.

 In the last couple of weeks in Tui class we have been learning about famous New Zealanders. This week we're learning about the faces on our NZ dollar notes.We were split up into groups and given a person to research. My group researched Apirana Ngata the guy on the fifty dollar note. Now there is a display on our wall.

Today Mrs. Cutler asked us if there was a NZ $200 dollar note who would you put on it??? Then she put some sheets of paper out with some info about some famous New Zealanders. Then we started to designing  our own $200 dollar note.

This is my design

I chose Jonah Lumu because he was the youngest ever person to join the All Blacks, at the age of 19. The bird on my note is the north island brown kiwi because New Zealanders are called kiwis and Jonah was born and raised in NZ.
The land mark on my $200 dollar note is the Auckland Sky Tower because Jonah Lomu was born in Auckland.

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Danika,
    I like that you chose the brown Kiwi. I also like that the pictures are all the same colour. I did not know that Jonah Lumu was the youngest person to join the All Blacks.
    Ma te wa
    William

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank's for cheeking out my blog Willie,Jonah Lomu sure was great.

      Delete